Makes 1.5 kg
- 1kg unwashed herbs, leaves only, picked on dry and sunny day
Suitable for this technique could be:
Lovage, Oregano, Thyme, Lemon balm, Sage, Chives, Tarragon, Mint, Fennel, Currant leaves, Garlic leaves
- 1kg very good-quality sea salt, chilled
- Briefly process the herbs in a food processor, making sure that they do not heat up, as this causes them to lose their aroma.
- Combine the herbs with the salt and [ass the mixture through a sieve to remove any unwanted plant fibres.
- Transfer the mixture to a vacuum-packed bag and freeze until needed or store in an airtight jar, depending on the result that you want.
Nilsson, Magnus. Fäviken. London: Phaidon, 2012. Print.